des roses et des épines Index du Forum
des roses et des épines
Parti politique établi en Bourgogne dans notre bon Royaume de France.
des roses et des épines Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

:: Path of the Thorn-Blooded Witch ::

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    des roses et des épines Index du Forum -> des roses et des épines
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

Date de naissance: 20/04/1988

MessagePosté le: Mer 6 Déc - 12:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Path of the Thorn-Blooded Witch Répondre en citant

Hello All,

I’d like to share aspects of the tradition I practice, and to discover what anyone on this forum practices that is similar. First let me say that I don't call it "Traditional Witchcraft" because my teachers called it "Old Ways" witchcraft, and so I honor that phraseology. Whether or not these "Old Ways" are a form of Traditional Witchcraft is perhaps a matter for those who enjoy debate.

We call ourselves Thorn-Blooded Witches because (in part) we begin the Path by pricking a finger with a rose thorn and offering three drops to the roots of a chosen rose bush. This initiates a connection to the spirit of the rose, which serves as a go-between with spirits of the Plant Realm. The rose, and its spirit, is found in many of the Old Craft traditions.

We believe in an ancestral current that connects generations (what some writers now refer to as the "living river of blood" that flows through time). We envision our ancestors as being within us (in the sense of a collective consciousness). Our beliefs in general are "rooted" ideas and we use the Plant Realm as a metaphor for our views. What I mean is that we think in terms of cycles from seed to fruit, and we look at seasons as representations of our mortal condition. We use magic, and we regard it as raw energy that can be drawn or raised, intensified, and then directed towards a goal.

We have a spiritual tradition in which we view reincarnation and its purpose. This is symbolized by what we call the Five-Thorned Path. As a symbol it looks like a five-pointed star (one tip upward). Each of the five triangles of the “star” are colored red. This symbolizes a blooded thorn. Thorns are challenges, personal trials, and the things that hone us in strength. The five red thorns surround a pentagon shape in the center of the star, and is colored black. It represents the organic memory of the earth, which we call Shadow. Tracing the star from the upper tip to each of the other tips (clockwise) tells our reincarnation story. It is as follows: "We descend from the stars, and we are fated by the sun, envisioned by the moon, and given form by the land. We stand rooted in Shadow, and reach upward towards the stars" (this is the Thorn Gate of the Soul). Essentially this depicts the soul as being outside of the material realm prior to rebirth (star). In its "descent" into the mortal realm it takes on an astrological imprint (sun), then becomes enveloped in a spirit body (moon). It then passes into a flesh body (land), and in that body the soul is physically connected to the organic memory of the earth (Shadow). One of the goals of reincarnation is to resolve the need for the experience of material existence (symbolized by the phrase -reaching up to the stars).

We have another star that symbolizes the power of the witch, and we call it the Gathered Thorns. This star has two points upward, and like the other one, the triangles are colored red. Starting from the bottom single tip, and working to the other tips in clockwise fashion, they represent: herbalist, seer, spirit medium, mystic, and sorceress/sorcerer. We train in each of these areas so at become accomplished in the Arts.

We have only one law pertaining to “ethics” and it states that we never harm the innocent. We define an innocent as one who doesn't provoke us. Provoke us and you lose the protection of being innocent.

We embrace the "constructive" and "destructive" ways of magic in keeping with the forces of nature itself. For us it’s the natural order of things, and so we use the “healing” and “harming” arts. We’re not “turn the other cheek” witches, and we’re not pacifists. We’re like the creatures of nature that prefer to be left in peace but will fight when attacked or cornered. The discernment is our own.

We work with entities that we believe are connected to the Plant Realm, and with powerful entities associated with the celestial and with “Otherworld" realms. Among the latter are the old Faery race (not the cute flower fairies of pop culture). We believe in allies and work intimately with them.

How does any of this match or differ from your own views and practices? 
Please help.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

animated graphics for video

MessagePosté le: Mer 6 Déc - 12:26 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    des roses et des épines Index du Forum -> des roses et des épines Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Flowers of Evil © theme by larme d'ange 2006